Saturday, August 1, 2009

The Beach Cottage

Gosh I love it here.  As soon as I walk through the screen door (that inevitably gets stuck), I'm overcome by a flood of memories.  I can't help but smile.  It's the place I'd want to be over any other place.  When I'm on my deathbed, please bring me here.  I'm sitting at the table now where my brothers and cousins and I would eat burgers and corn on the cob.  I can sit at the porch and read and people watch, while drinking coffee.  I can sleep with the window open, and NOT hear sirens (okay granted, on weekends, it does get loud).  I can go upstairs and sit on the bed by the front windows and remember when we used to annoy and confuse the tipsy people walking home from the bars with laser pointers.  I can bike all over, and not get tired, because it's flat:)  I can leave the doors unlocked, because it's not DC, haha.  I can wake up and watch the sunrise over the ocean.  I love it here:)

1 comment:

Lizbet said...

sounds heavenly. glad you're lovin it :)