Friday, June 26, 2009

Back on the Hill

Ever since I lived on the Hill 2 years ago, my goal has been to get away from it.  And I did.  For the last 2 years, I lived in what I call the, "suburbs of DC."  There was grass, and parking without zoning, and back yards.  My next plan was to get out of DC altogether.  I was working my way to the city line, out into Maryland, or somewhere with grass and cows and space (I like space).

God's funny though.

I'm back on the Hill.  Yup.  Back to zone 6 permit parking, cement, lots of people, and LOTS of cars.  But, it's different this time.  This time, I'm living with an AMAZING family, lots of friends within walking distance, a church that loves this community, and a sense that this is where I'm suppose to be, even if it's not my first pick of places to live.  It's good.

Here's to trusting God - He's good (and funny:)

2 comments:

Jon White said...

But you are coming back too late! The Whities are leaving :(

Sara said...

Welcome back to the 'hood!