Monday, August 16, 2010

I live in DC, and yet, when was the last time I went to museums?


About two weeks ago, I realized that I'm living in one of the most amazing cities in the world, within walking distance of free Smithsonian museums.  And yet, when was the last time I visited them?  So, I decided that I would visit some of these museums.  It was wonderful!  I visited the American History, Natural History and the National Gallery of Art. 

I loved the Julia Child exhibit at the American History.  I stayed and watched some videos while I was there, and learned how to make an omelette, Julia-style:)

The National Gallery was peaceful.  I enjoyed strolling through, admiring the detail in the paintings.

Sadly, the Natural History wasn't what I remembered.  When I went there in school, I loooved walking through, looking at the display and animals.  However, now, it just seemed to be a bunch of stuffed animals.  Not very interesting.  Maybe, I was partly annoyed at the large crowds, but still, it wasn't exactly what I remembered it to be.


1 comment:

Olivia Carter said...

Oh man, seriously DC is hands down one of the best places to live. I miss it so much. All those Smithsonian exhibits you take for granted but they are amazing.

And P.S. I totally agree with your assessment of the Natural History Museum. Just a buncha stuffed animals is right!